Easy Peasy Cheesy Sheppard's Pie10:00:00 PM
One of my family’s favorite meals is my Cheesy Sheppard's Pie. When my hubby and I first got married I wasn’t much of a cook, nor did I have a clue what to cook for hubby that he would really like. I knew that he liked cheese, so I would add it to just about anything I could think of, lol- so this is how I came up with this recipe. I make it every now and then, especially when we are in the mood for some good ol’ comfort food. It’s really easy to make and can be made in many different variations. Check out my recipe below:
For a family of 4 1/2 (2 adults, 2 children and a toddler)
- 4-5 Potatoes (Yukon Gold) (use favorite mashed potato recipe) or Hungry Jack mashed potatoes or your fav shortcut for mashed potatoes!
- 1lb of Ground Turkey (Ground Beef can be used as well)
- 1 Cup of frozen chopped broccoli or fresh(to steam) or Green Giant Broccoli & Cheese Sauce (10 oz)
- 1 small can of corn or Green Giant Niblets & Butter Sauce (The frozen kind)(10 oz)
- 5 Slices of American Cheese
- Chicken Gravy, (optional) I use the jar kind for this
- 4-6oz Glass of Wine (For the chef who went food shopping with all 3 of her children and needs to unwind)
- Preheat Oven to 350F
- Brown ground beef or turkey in frying pan. Season to taste. ( Mine was pre-browned and refrigerated from the other day)
- Slowly take a sip of your wine and explain to your inquisitive 7 year old for the 10th time why you are taking pictures of food ;)
- Spread and Layer mixture of corn and broccoli on top of ground beef
- Spread and Layer mashed potatoes on top of mixture of corn and broccoli.
- Cut and serve with your fav gravy and buttermilk biscuits.