Arranging your Supermarket Alstroemeria in a Dollar Store Vase1:38:00 PM
"Alstroemeria, commonly called the Peruvian lily or lily of the Incas, is a genus of flowering plants in the family Alstroemeriaceae." Wikipedia---And this little tidbit is new to me, Peruvian Lily is much easier to say than Alstroemeria!
And sometimes, I arrange them in a mid sized vase, depending on the impact, that I'd like the arrangement to have.
Because Alstroemeria are so resilient, I don't typically use the flower food, but I did for this "how-to."
Once you've mixed up your flower food in the water . . .
- Grab your scotch tape
- Create a grid across the opening of your vase
- Cut your stems at an angle, ensuring that base of the flowers (where the leaves begin) rest just below the edge of the vase.
- Remove any excess or dead/dull leaves so they won't rest in the water, as they will cause the water to get moldy.
- Begin placing your flowers along the edge of the vase
- Fill each grid until the vase is full. The height of your stems may need to be adjusted to keep the arrangement looking full, just trim them down to your liking.
Isn't she pretty?????
The hearty hosta, made a great addition as well, just to provide a little more interest. I added a few around the bottom, and one in the middle.
I hope you all are enjoying your day!