Stop Fighting Soap Scum: Clean your tub/shower the Easy Way!

Removing Soap Scum From a Bathtubthumbnail
source: google images

Do you have a fiberglass tub/shower surround? Are you tired of scrubbing it with a plethora of cleaning solutions?  Then try this method–it will have you saying “Where have you been all of my life?” This post contains affiliate links.  Should you click on them and make a purchase, I will receive a small commission at no cost to you.

Seriously . . . It only takes two EASY steps and two very unlikely products!

Grab some fume free oven cleaner such as this (Generic brand probably works just as well):

Easy Off Max Fume Free Oven Cleaner

And stock up on some Mr. Clean Magic Erasers:

Then:

• Spray the oven cleaner all over that tub/shower.
    • Let it sit for about 15-20 minutes.
    • Wet your “sponge” and wring it out.
    • Then you’ll be able to easily wipe that soap scum away!

No scrubbing, no sweating, no grunting—while you’re trying to get into the corners–and best of all, you won’t need to air out your entire house to rid the fumes! Your shower will be gleaming and I promise you will thank me!

Linking up with:

Share:

11 Comments

1. Brandi
      March 15, 2011 / 2:41 pm

Very interesting! I will have to give this a try!

2. MeenyMoe
      March 15, 2011 / 3:30 pm

I am intrigued by this idea! I'm going to try it. I am tired of scrubbing and sweating away on our tub/shower combo! – Karen

3. Holly
      March 15, 2011 / 8:14 pm

We have a fiberglass shower pan, and it always looks grungy (and it's only 3 years old!). I'm going to try this…thanks!

4. Kim @ Cheap Chic Home
      March 15, 2011 / 8:15 pm

Okay, Carli, do you have any idea if this works with tile?

5. MojoMama
      March 16, 2011 / 6:32 am

You BET I'm gonna thank you! I am ON it! I actually put off cleaning them because I HATE THE scrubbing!! I'm gonna try this out!http://dojocrafting.blogspot.com

6. Lindy@Itsy Bitsy Paper
      March 19, 2011 / 1:41 am

Totally will give this a try! I love any tip that prevents me from working too hard. :)www.itsybitsypaperblog.com

7. AllieMakes!
      March 20, 2011 / 7:39 pm

I never would have guessed oven cleaner would work in the bathroom… Very cool! Thank you for sharing!Thanks for linking up to Making It With Allie! I can't wait to see what you have for next week!AllieMakes.Blogspot.com

8. Anonymous
      March 21, 2011 / 4:56 pm

Oh my goodness!! I'm a blog-reading addict and I've never actually commented on anything before, but after I tried this, I couldn't not say "thank you" This literally saved me hours! I really hate cleaning our fiberglass tubs and showers because it takes SOOO long and is such a chore!! But this is a miracle cleaner. I will never dread cleaning bathrooms again! Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!! In the five years that I have lived in my home, the shower and tubs have never been so shiny!

9. Reen
      March 23, 2011 / 1:27 am

Very cleaver! I have been putting off the bathrooms because of the grunting that comes with it! I will give this a try tomorrow! Thanks! Please visit me anytime at http://twogingerprinces.blogspot.com

10. Brandi
      May 27, 2011 / 10:11 pm

Hey Carli, I wanted to let you know that I tried this on my deck chairs and it worked beautifully! They are so nice and clean and ready for summer! Thank you for sharing!

11. Anonymous
      August 8, 2018 / 8:24 pm

Impressive!! I tried it and it works! Sprayed and waited around 1/2 hour then used a brush to scrub off the foam.. and oh my God the foam turns brown and fiberglass shiny white!! So Happy! Thank you so much for your post!!