Hi Peeps! I’ve shared in the past my favorite Easter treat to make with the kids, Peeps S’Mores. Peeps are my favorite Easter candy, besides jelly beans, of course.
Well, this past summer, I really got into making my S’mores a bit more savory and using Ritz crackers instead. So I had one of those aha! moments and thought, why not try my Peeps S’mores with crackers??? I decided on Club crackers, due to the shape, plus they have the same buttery goodness as Ritz.
So here goes . . . Grab some:
- Peeps Bunnies (traditional flavor are best, in my opinion)
- Chocolate for melting (I used milk chocolate and white chocolate chips for this tutorial)
- Graham Crackers and/or Club Crackers
Haha! Every time I say “Graham Crackers” I say it like this kid from Camp Rock, thanks to my kids!
- Any who, cut your graham crackers using a bread knife in a sawing motion down the middle, to make neater, smaller sections. If you try to crack the on the perforated line, they will likely crumble and break.
- Melt chocolate according to package directions. I typically melt a half a cup of chocolate chips for 1 minute on 50% power and stir every 15 seconds until creamy.
- Dip backs of peeps in chocolate or spread chocolate on the backs of them with a butter knife (whichever method is easier for you).
- Stick chocolate dipped Peep to cracker and let cool!
That’s it! I personally love these cooled with the peeps a little stale/hardened.
You can also try different variations: you can use white chocolate, peanut butter or Nutella instead of chocolate chips.
You can spread the cracker with chocolate and sprinkle food coloring dyed coconut flakes (to look like grass) on top of the chocolate, then place chocolate dipped peep on top too! The best part is having fun with it!
There are so many possibilities! This is such a cute and tasty way to enjoy these classic treats!
Hoping you all have a Blessed Easter, spent with good food, family and fun!