Why am I so excited? Because I have made the decision to finally put the hubs and I first, and will be refreshing our master bedroom.
While my bedroom certainly hasn’t been neglected, I haven’t put it on the forefront either, so I’m excited to give hubby and I a beautiful, relaxing and romantic retreat from the hustle and bustle of having four kids.
So here’s the plan . . . I will be doing this refresh on a budget (no surprise there I’m sure), which means there will be quite a few diys, a lot of re-use/shopping the house, and looking for steals and deals, so I hope you’ll visit often to cheer me on and keep me encouraged as I update our space.
So far, I’ve moved my bed, because my down comforter has sprung a leak or something and there were/are feathers EVERYWHERE-so I needed to do some serious vacuuming.
Here is what our room currently looks like (warning: unstaged pictures alert!)
After I moved the bed, I didn’t do anything else because I knew If I started, I wouldn’t have been able to stop, and I wanted to wait until the challenge began.
Here’s the other side of the room, don’t mind the mess, I’m just keeping it real. The rug on the floor is something I ordered for the space but I’m not quite sure about yet, but it’s heavy so I wasn’t moving it, lol. What you don’t keep your screw gun on your dresser? lol
And the other side, don’t mind the baby items, we co-sleep, which may also come to an end, once this bedroom refresh is complete (wishful thinking).
- More drawer space, or better organization, my original thought was to purchase two small dressers to serve as nightstands, but I have some measuring to do to see if space allows.
- Bedding: I really love my down comforter, so I may find a new duvet in a solid color and have some fun with patterns and color through the pillows.
- Closet organization: it is an utter disaster, and we have very little space for all of our clothes
- Wall Art: there is very little going on right now in my room for wall decor, everything that I’ve used was kind of put up half-heartedly, so hopefully I can add some meaningful pieces to the space.
- Window Treatments: My current window treatments were a sort of quick fix and they are perfectly fine, but they allow a lot of light to enter the room in the morning, so I’m looking for a blackout option.
- Flooring: I purchased a wool rug from Safevieh, but the reviews complained about shedding, so I’m not sure it is the best option.
- Lighting: The current overhead lighting is a modern drum shade that we picked out for our oldest son when he occupied this room, I am considering changing it out to something a little fancier. I plan on using a one table lamp and a cantilever on the other side.
What I like most: The lamp, the grouping of the artwork over the nightstand, the floral pillow, the nightstand is the same style as my current nightstands. The mixture of patterns.
What I like most: The pattern play, the styling of the nightstands, the upholstered headboard, the long lumbar pillow.
What I like most: The pattern play, the cool relaxed feel, the brass cantilever lamp adds a touch of glam.
What I like most: I really love the warmth of the chest and the styling, the vertical picture grouping and the bedding, the ikat pillow covers are dreamy!
Wish Me Luck
As I embark on this journey to actually start AND complete a room within 30 days, I’ll be sharing progress pictures along the way—eeek! Hope I can manage!
Be sure to search the hashtag #1room30days on Instagram to follow along with me and my fellow participants and to gather inspiration as well! Also check out Behind the Big Green Door for some awesome tips or to get more info on this challenge!