When you come from a large family, it’s almost impossible to have a small, intimate get together. So I usually try to host a few “girls’ nights in” a year where just us ladies can get together and chat, and be loud, and indulge in some yummy “girl” food. So when Wayfair asked how I spend my nights in, I thought capturing an evening at home with my girls would be a perfect way to share.
My mom’s birthday was this past weekend and since we all live a considerable ways apart, I invited my sister and my mom over for a special, small celebration. When entertaining, I’m really into neutral items even in my serveware, so I like to use nice, white dishes along with wooden platters. I was able to find some really nice options from Wayfair to serve up an easy and delicious buffet.
On the Menu, I served:
- Mixed Green Salad, with balsamic vinaigrette
- Butternut Squash and goat cheese flatbread with pesto sauce and balsamic drizzle
- Chicken wing platter
- Olive and Vermont cheddar loaf accompanied by garlic Parmesan olive oil and an olive feta salad in oil.
- For Dessert, small treats such as a Baklava sampler, sugar cookies and cream cheese brownies
- (Most of the items were store bought premade, keeping this evening low key and stress free!
The Perfect Serveware Options:
|Westmore 2 Tier Wood Server Tiered Stand: Perfect for small desserts|
|My daughter, my mom, my niece and my sister|
|Lyman 3 Piece Porcelain Serving Bowl Set: this set is a serveware essential; perfect for salads, chips and even for pastas and sides!
Entertainment: Dance Games