Hi Friends, today I’d like to get back to the basics, so I’m going to be sharing a simple tutorial on how to replace a toilet flush handle. Tutorials aren’t always my strong suit as I typically tend to just dive into projects and hope for the best, but this one was just too easy not to share. Honestly, I didn’t even realize what a simple change this could be, and it provides such a huge impact.
Last week I shared my bathroom reveal, and of all the pics that I shared, I was most disappointed by this photo right here: Some people might wonder what the heck is wrong with me, and why does the photo bother me so much? Well, because . . . while it’s a good shot, it could be a GREAT shot with just a simple fix: changing the toilet flush handle!
I am a huge fan of mixing metals, but in this instance, I think it is important that the style and finish match the rest of the space to truly elevate the feel of this bathroom.
|Do you want to know how to change out your toilet lever? Well look no further my friends I’m going to show you how!
First, let’s take a look at the anatomy of a toilet, I know super glamorous, right?
- First off, remove the lid to your toilet tank, this is what it will look like inside the tank: Detach chain hook from the trip lever.
2. Unscrew lock nut from backside of the toilet lever and remove toilet lever from hole.
3. Unpackage new toilet flush handle, assess parts
4. Unlike my old toilet flush handle that basically consisted of just two parts, my new called for a little assembly. If yours is similar, keep on reading, otherwise you can see in the pictures how I disassembled the old toilet flush lever and basically just do it in the opposite direction :). Insert new lock nut and bolt, and tighten from the inside of the tank.
5. Insert new trip lever into hole from the inside of the tank
|As you can see mine was a buit longer than the original, I just bent it slightly to fit inside the tank.|
6. Reattach chain and hook to trip lever hole.
And that’s it! I’m telling you friends, there are some DIYs that seem easy and then there are DIYs that you assume are tough and are simple as pie–This is definitely one of them!
*****This post contains affiliate links for your convenience, which means if you purchase an item from one of the link, I will receive a small commission for referring you. Thanks for supporting Made by Carli****
Here are a few links to snazzy toilet handles so you can update your toilet too!